Transracial Journeys envisions greater understanding of and support for transracially adopted persons and their families in all stages of life and sectors of society.
With the best interests of transracially adopted persons at the center, Transracial Journeys provides practical tools and post adoption support for parents of a different race than the Black and Brown children entrusted to them and fosters supportive relationships for transracially adopted persons of all ages.
- Prioritizing representation for transracially adopted persons
- Sharpening parental skills addressing the core issues of adoption and racism
- Developing healthy racial identities for all members of the family
- Encouraging greater cultural competence for parents
- Promoting social justice and racial equity
- Building a loving community