Registration for 2018 is now open.
* Early bird rates apply for payments received by March 31, 2018.
* All prices listed are per family, based on family size.
Early Bird Rates:
- Family of 2: $680
- Family of 3: $830
- Family of 4: $1040
- Family of 5: $1160
- Family of 6+: $1290
Regular Rates (after April 1st):
- Family of 2: $710
- Family of 3: $880
- Family of 4: $1100
- Family of 5: $1235
- Family of 6+: $1365
Registration forms must be submitted online. Registration will not be complete until payment is received.
Payment must be made in full at the time of registration, with the exception of work-trade or financial aid scholarship applicants, who will pay 50% of their total fees as a deposit with their registration. You may pay by check, or online via PayPal. The link to the payment page will appear once you have submitted your registration form.
Mail checks to: Transracial Journeys, 3589 Strandhill Rd., Shaker Heights OH 44122
If you would like to pay in installments, you may pay using PayPal and choose PayPal Credit as your payment method. This is a 6-month no-fee/no-interest payment plan for qualified PayPal members.
NOTE: You must fill out and submit the online registration form whether you choose to pay by check or online. Your space at camp is not guaranteed until your full payment and registration form have both been received.
You will receive a confirmation email once your payment and registration form are received. If you have not heard from us in a timely manner after submitting your form, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees include: accommodations, all meals (Thursday dinner to Sunday lunch), light snacks, programming for adults and children, and all recreational activities.
- Family size includes all adults and children attending camp, with the exception of infants under 12 months if they will stay with parents rather than in the nursery. Infants must be listed on registration form.
- Nursery space is limited; if you have children ages 1-3, you are encouraged to register early.
- Check-in will run from 2:00 to 5:00 on Thursday, July 26th. Please make arrangements to arrive no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday if at all possible, to facilitate the check-in process. For additional schedule notes, see the camp agenda.
- We want to encourage large families to attend camp, and have set a family maximum rate to help make it more affordable for families of 6 or more.
At this time there is no camping option available. All families will be housed in cottages or motel rooms.
Work-trade & Financial Aid Scholarships
We have tried hard to keep registration fees as low as possible while still providing meaningful programming. We do realize, however, that some families will not be able to attend without financial assistance. For this reason, we make every effort to offer some need-based financial aid and some work-trade discounts. If you would like to register for camp but your attendance is contingent on receiving financial assistance, please fill out the scholarship application form with your online registration form and submit it with a 50% deposit.
For families who are able to help with specific roles at camp, a limited number of work-trade discounts in the amount of $250 per family are available. Work-trade jobs include helping with check-in/registration and final clean-up, snack distribution, administration/logistics, and other jobs to be determined prior to camp.
The deadline for scholarship and work-trade applications is February 15, 2018, and applicants will be notified in the spring.
Deadlines and Refund Policy
Early Bird Rate Deadline: March 31st
Beginning April 1st, rates will increase as noted above.
Regular Registration Deadline: June 15th
All registrations beginning on June 16th will incur a $75 additional late fee per family.
Final Late Registration Deadline: July 5th.
Cancellations received on or before March 31st will receive a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee. For cancellations between April 1st and July 1st, 50% of total fees will be refunded. There will be no refunds for cancellations after July 1st. All cancellations must be made in writing or by email and take effect on the day they are received. Cancellations are final only when you receive acknowledgment from us. In the unlikely event that the camp is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.