To deliver a quality and transformational experience and keep fees manageable for families, we rely on outside funding to help bridge the gap between the actual costs of our Family Camp and other programs.
Your generous donations help us to:
- Continue to develop our virtual platforms which are need to help our families as our nation heals
- Bring inspiring guest speakers & professional facilitators to camp, whether virtual or in-person
- Contract teens and young adults, many of them adoptees themselves, as counselors and role models for campers
- Provide scholarship assistance to families who could not attend otherwise
Two Ways to Donate:
1. Our CrowdRise fundraising platform:
2. *A check and a stamp:
Send us a check made out to Transracial Journeys, and mail it to:
905 Canterbury Rd, Unit E
Westlake, OH 44145
*Note: When you pay by check, 100% of your donation comes to us, while credit card payments through PayPal or CrowdRise incur a small processing fee.
Top 10 Reasons To Contribute to Transracial Journeys:
- You share our vision of promoting racial justice and equity.
- You recognize that we (still) live in a race-conscious society and there is more collective work to do.
- You are committed to the physical, emotional, and psychological protection of children of color.
- You believe that transracially-adopted children are entitled to take pride in developing a healthy identity.
- You believe it is essential that every child is taught coping and problem-solving skills in the context of racial pride.
- You know that adoptive parents need help as they embrace and support connections to their child’s birth culture.
- You want to help families navigate the challenges and joys of transracial adoption.
- You understand the power and importance of building community.
- You appreciate how strengthening families contributes to a stronger, healthier world for all of us.
- You or someone you care about has been inspired by what they have experienced at our Family Camp.