Become a member of Transracial Journeys!
Transracial Journeys is dedicated to supporting families who have adopted children of color transracially. Membership helps us carry out our work on behalf of transracial adoptive families. We welcome anyone who is supportive of our mission to join, including
Families with one or more adopted children of color being raised by parents of a different race.
Adult adoptees, birth parents, families and other individuals allied with our mission:
The goals of our organization are:
* To nurture children’s racial identity development and self-esteem
* To help parents understand the importance of culture and race in raising children across racial lines
* To foster a deeper understanding of core issues of adoption
* To build community and promote racial justice and equity
* Attendance at all Station Hope Family Weekend Events (linked correctly http://www.transracialjourneys.org/station-hope-family-weekend/) for your family
* $40 discount on Regular Registration Rates for 2017 Family Camp (space permitting, for families registering after March 31st)
* Fall monthly parent support/discussion group
* Advance notice of 2018 camp registration with priority registration option.
To become a member:
–Fill out and submit the online form below, and we will send you a PayPal invoice, or
–Download the membership form, (http://www.transracialjourneys.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MembershipForm-v1.pdf) and mail with your check to:
3589 Strandhill Rd.
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
List all family members(required)
2017 Individual Membership: $25
2017 Family Membership: $40
2017 Supporting Member: $50
For Additional Information:
Transracial Journeys welcomes your support and your questions. To become a member or to obtain additional information, please email us, or contact:
Michelle Daray (614-598-2662) or
Rita Simpson-Vlach (216-752-1489)