Our 2017 Annual Campaign is Underway!
We rely on outside funding to help bridge the gap between registration fees and the actual cost of our Family Camp and other programs. Your generous donations help us to:
Provide partial scholarships to families who could not otherwise attend camp.
Bring inspiring guest speakers & professional facilitators to camp.
Bring teens and young adults to camp as counselors and role models for campers.
Plan and host other activities throughout the year, including an art contest, Station Hope Family Weekend, and the fall parent support/discussion group series.
Two Ways to Donate:
1. Our CrowdRise fundraising platform:
2. *A check and a stamp:
Send us a check made out to Transracial Journeys, and mail it to:
Transracial Journeys, 3589 Strandhill Rd., Shaker Heights, OH 44122.
*Note: When you pay by check, 100% of your donation comes to us, while credit card payments through PayPal or CrowdRise incur a small processing fee.
Top 10 Reasons To Contribute to Transracial Journeys:
- You or someone you care about has been helped by what they have learned at our Family Camp.
- You share our goal of promoting racial justice and equity.
- You know that transracial adoption changes the family forever.
- You understand that transracially adopted children face challenges in coping with being “different.”
- You understand that transracially adopted children are entitled to take pride in developing a bicultural identity and perspective on life.
- You believe that every child is entitled to learn coping and problem-solving skills in the context of racial pride.
- You know that adoptive parents can’t transmit their child’s birth culture if it is not their own.
- You want to help families navigate the challenges and joys of transracial parenting.
- You appreciate how strengthening families contributes to stronger, healthier communities.
- You know that we (still) live in a race conscious society.