We rely on outside funding to help bridge the gap between registration fees and the actual cost of our Family Camp and other programs. Your generous donations help us to:
- Provide partial scholarships to families who could not otherwise attend camp.
- Bring inspiring guest speakers & professional facilitators to camp.
- Bring teens and young adults -- many of them adoptees themselves -- to camp as counselors and role models for campers.
- Plan and host other activities throughout the year, including Station Hope Family Weekend, and our youth art contest.
Two Ways to Donate:
1. Our CrowdRise fundraising platform:
2. *A check and a stamp:
Send us a check made out to Transracial Journeys, and mail it to:
3589 Strandhill Rd.,
Shaker Heights, OH 44122.
*Note: When you pay by check, 100% of your donation comes to us, while credit card payments through PayPal or CrowdRise incur a small processing fee.
Top 10 Reasons To Contribute to Transracial Journeys:
- You or someone you care about has been helped by what they have learned at our Family Camp.
- You share our goal of promoting racial justice and equity.
- You know that transracial adoption changes the family forever.
- You understand that transracially adopted children face challenges in coping with being “different.”
- You understand that transracially adopted children are entitled to take pride in developing a bicultural identity and perspective on life.
- You believe that every child is entitled to learn coping and problem-solving skills in the context of racial pride.
- You know that adoptive parents can’t transmit their child’s birth culture if it is not their own.
- You want to help families navigate the challenges and joys of transracial parenting.
- You appreciate how strengthening families contributes to stronger, healthier communities.
- You know that we (still) live in a race conscious society.